Coronavirus (Covid 19) bereavement support for children, young people and families
The outbreak of Covid-19 means that many aspects of children’s ‘normal’ routines have been abruptly and significantly changed. Many children are now spending all their time at home with their initial family, and all children are not able to have direct contact with their friends and wider family.
Our lives are currently dominated by discussion about the impact the virus is having. This will be an anxious time for many children – they may have worries and questions about how the virus might affect them and those close to them, especially older members of their family and those already in poor health.
With this in mind some of our children are faced with bereavement. Here are a few helpful organisations and resources that we can share with each other and our families who need support
- Bereavement Helpful organisations
- Childrens understanding of and reactions to death
- Grief support for self
- Grief support from friend
- Grief support from parent or carer
- Remembering those who have died advice for parents and carers
- Supporting a bereaved child parents and carers helpsheet