Details of our School Uniform and PE kit
Dance notes - Grippy socks to avoid injury are required, and a PE jumper may be worn during their lesson.
Please note no sports logo branded footwear can be worn as school shoes.
PE notes - please have a change of footwear and socks for every PE lesson. Please label all items of kit, students leave kit in the changing rooms but it will be returned to them if it is labelled. Students are not allowed to wear their coat during PE lessons, PE hoodies and an extra long sleeve base layer undearneath their polo shirt or rugby shirt is advisable.
Purchasing Castle School Uniform
The Castle School Uniform can be purchased from Monkhouse Uniform or Linela.
Jewellery and visible body piercing are not permitted in school for reasons of loss, damage and safety. These exceptions are allowed :-
- one pair of earrings which are small studs or sleepers for pierced ears
- one signet ring
- one wrist watch
- Hair must be of ‘natural’ looking colour with no ‘extreme’ or ‘offensive’ styles
- Students in year 7-9 are not allowed to wear make-up.
- Discreet make-up may be worn in years 10 and 11. All items of student's personal belongings including shoes should be labelled with their name.
Shorts are now allowed in terms 1 and 6
The Castle School uniform is smart, practical and cost effective.
If you have any uniform that is no longer needed, we would be very grateful to receive it at the Student Centre, where we keep stocks for loan to students who need it.
As a school we are aware of the following areas (as raised in the DCSF guidelines). In the enforcement of the school uniform policy we will give due consideration to;
- Home to school travel
- Human Rights issues
- Equality and discrimination issues
- Race equality policy
A full copy of the DCSF ‘guidance to schools on school uniform and related policies’ can be accessed from at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/school-uniform.