Young Carers at the Castle School
Support and Advice
If you’re under eighteen years old and look after another person at home, you are a young carer. If so, you’re not alone. It’s estimated there are 50,000 young carers in the UK.
- they’re disabled
- they have a long-term illness
- they misuse drugs or alcohol
- or because someone else is finding it hard to cope with being a parent or carer
- find that you are not able to go out with your friends
- be confused or angry about the situation at home
- be having difficulties at school or college because of your responsibilities at home
- feel alone and unable to talk to anyone about your situation
- need help with the caring
IF YOU CARE, WE CARE
You can speak to Mrs Churchill or Miss Wilson by popping-in to see them either in C1 or the Art classrooms at any time for a chat, to off-load, or to let us tell you how wonderful we think you are.
Nothing heavy and nothing written down.
IF YOU CARE WE CARE!
Most of us have routines in our lives and if you are a young carer, you have routines and responsibilities which may affect school and home life. You may not think anyone else understands.